Suntory Roku Gin
Aroma: Crème brûlée, cardamom, acacia honey, blossoming rose. Cherry blossom and green tea provide a floral and sweet aroma.
Palate: Mild and smooth, hint of mint, deep honey. Complex, multi layered, yet harmonious flavour of various botanicals. Traditional gin taste in the base, plus characteristic Japanese botanical notes with yuzu as the top note. Smooth and silky texture.
Conclusion: Clean and clear, spiced oak with subtle bittersweet notes. The crisp Japanese sansho pepper brings a little spiciness to the finish.
Editor Choice: Using six unique Japanese botanicals and eight traditional gin botanicals. The six Japanese botanicals include the sakura flower, sakura leaf, sencha tea, gyokuro tea, sansho pepper, and yuzu peel.
The eight traditional gin botanicals such as Juniper berries, Coriander, Angelica root, Angelica seed, Cardamom, Cainnamon, Bitter orange peel, Lemon peel.
Cocktail Recipe: Roku Gin & Tonic
Ingredients & Preparation:
- • Slice ginger into long equal slices
- • Fill glass to rim with ice and serve with 6 ginger slices
- • Pour tonic over ice and add stirrer
- • Pour ROKU® into a gin cup at room temperature
- • Customer pours into glass
- • Stir to balance the elements
Cocktail Recipe: Negroni & Tonic
- Short rocks glass
- 1 ounce Jack Rudy Classic Tonic Syrup
- 1/2 ounce ROKU® Gin
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
- 1/2 ounce Campari
- 1 large strip of Orange peel garnish
Add the tonic syrup, gin, vermouth, and Campari and stir well. Top with soda water, garnish with the orange peel or grapefruit peel, and serve.
Zippy Jack Rudy Classic Tonic Syrup is a concentrated blend of quinine, sugar, lemongrass, and orange peel.
Cocktail Recipe: Gimlet
- 80 ml The Roku Gin
- 100 ml Rose’s Lime Cordial lime juice concentrate
- Lime slice
- Cherries in syrup
Mix The Roku Gin and lime juice concentrate in a mixing glass with ice and serve in a previously cooled cocktail glass. Decorate with the slice of lime and the cherries on a long cocktail stick.
Cocktails Recipe: English Estate Gin & Tonic
- 50 ml The Roku Gin
- 100 ml Fever-Tree tonic water
- 1 LEMON WEDGE
- 1 sprig of gently awoken (smacked) mint
- Fill a copa or highball glass with ice. Add 50ml of the Roku gin, add lemon wedge and top up with tonic water.
- Stir to mix and garnish with a sprig of gently awoken mint.